This post may contain affiliate links.
Celebrate your fur baby’s special day with these EASY dog cupcakes, also known as…. PUPCAKES!!!
My Dog Birthday Cake (check it out here) is such a hit with pooches AND humans that I decided to create an easier, cupcake version. Mostly so I can repeatedly say “PUPCAKES”.
This Dog Cupcake recipes uses most of the same ingredients, but a smaller amount of them. It also yields less cake. This recipe makes about 10-12 regular sized PUPCAKES.
I included vanilla extract this time to make the dog cupcakes a little bit sweeter. I also decreased the flour amount, which led to a moister dog cupcake.
My dogs LOVED them. They DEVOURED them.
One of the girls just grabbed the ENTIRE cupcake in her mouth and BOLTED. She stopped when she dropped a slice of bacon. She desperately tried to pick up the bacon while still keeping the pupcake in her mouth, which she somehow managed to do. It was impressive. She can’t get enough of the dog cupcakes though.
The birthday girl was happy too. She turned 10 this past week! 10! It is crazy how fast time flies.
I created a few different toppings for the cupcakes this time. Most of the dog cupcakes had cream cheese for frosting. I topped the cream cheese with shredded cheddar cheese (my dogs’ favorite!) and either a piece of bacon or a quarter of a milk bone.
For the other dog cupcakes, I used peanut butter for the frosting. I topped them with crumbles of the birthday girl’s favorite dog treat (Milo’s Kitchen Dog Treats) and a piece of cheese (cut like a heart). You can crumble bacon on top of the peanut butter or leave it be. It’s up to you!
My dogs are CRAZY about these pupcakes. Fortunately, they’re incredibly EASY to make! You can do it! Treat your baby!
How to Make the BEST Dog Cupcakes a.k.a. PUPCAKES
- 1 cup flour
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 4 slices of bacon, crumbled
- 1 egg
- 1/3 cup honey
- 1/4 cup natural peanut butter
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 4 oz. beef baby food (I use this one.)
- 4 oz. cream cheese and/or natural peanut butter (as needed)
For toppings (you can use any or all of the following):
- shredded cheddar cheese (as needed)
- 3-4 slices of bacon
- crumbled dog treats of your choice (the birthday girl LOVES Milo's Kitchen Dog Treats)
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Combine the egg, honey, extra virgin olive oil, vanilla extract, and baby food. Stir, stir, stir!
- Add peanut butter. Continue to stir.
- Crumble 4 slices of bacon. Throw them in and mix!
- Mix in the flour and baking soda.
- Pour dog cupcake mixture into a cupcake pan.
- Bake for about 20-25 minutes (or until done).
- Allow the pupcakes to cool.
- Frost and decorate as desired!
- Celebrate your fur baby!!!
I would LOVE to hear about your dogs. What are their favorite treats? How did they like the recipe?
Please follow Love Mischka on Pinterest! Or simply pin one of the pins below. Thank you!