This post may contain affiliate links.
I love my dogs more than anything. I’m seriously obsessed. I'd do anything to make them happy, including creating a fun dog cake recipe for my fur baby's birthday!
My family has always celebrated our dogs birthdays…. And, by celebrate, I mean go ALL out. Please see the following photo for an example.
For years, I wanted to make a relatively healthy birthday cake for my dogs. My parents’ would insist on store-bought, human cakes. I never felt right feeding them all that sugar. This year, I FINALLY created a recipe from scratch. I included the birthday girl’s favorite things (CHEESE, bacon, and peanut butter).
It was a HUGE hit with both of my dogs. They truly could not get enough!
The BEST Dog Cake Recipe for your Fur Baby
Creating the recipe from scratch was not easy. I definitely had to make adjustments as I went.
I wanted to layer the cake with peanut butter in between. At first, I didn’t have enough batter to fill the two small pans. I played around with the recipe to increase the amount while still maintaining the right consistency, combination, and taste.
Side note: Have you ever tried baby food?!?! I tasted the vegetable beef baby food… Oh my, it was TERRIBLE. I immediately felt bad for human babies everywhere. It works IN the cake though. No worries.
More importantly, the dogs LOVED it.
The cake can be consumed by humans too. I tried it… it wasn’t bad. It’s more suited for our furry friends though!
Pup Cake Ingredients:
- 3 cups of flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 5 eggs
- 1.5 cups of extra virgin olive oil
- 4 Tbsp of honey
- 4 oz Vegetable beef baby food (I used this one.)
- 6 slices of bacon
- 4 oz. Cream cheese
- Peanut Butter as needed
- 1/4 cup shredded cheese
- Mini Milkbones (for sprinkles!)
Pup Cake Directions:
- Preheat oven to 350
- Mix flour, baking soda, and baking powder in a mixing bowl.
- Add the eggs, oil, honey, and baby food. Stir well.
- Crumble 2 slices of bacon. Add and mix.
- Pour mixture into desired sized pans. (I used two 8.5 x 6 x 1.5 inch pans.)
- Bake for about 20-25 minutes (or until done).
- Combine cream cheese and peanut in a bowl for frosting. I kept adding peanut butter to the 4 ounces of cream cheese until it was thick enough to spread without dripping.
- After the cakes have cooled, spread peanut butter on top of one cake.
- Layer the other cake on top.
- Top with the peanut butter and cream cheese mixture.
- Sprinkle shredded cheese, crumbled bacon, and mini milk bones.
- Add candles and sing to your pup!
- Be LOVED even more. (Is that even possible?!)
What special things do you do for your dogs? Do you have a best dog cake recipe?
Please follow Love Mischka on Pinterest! Or simply pin the pin below. Thank you!