I’m on a pretty tight budget. I can’t afford any fancy tools, but I LOVE to bake. It is possible to make delicious, fun, incredible baked goods on a budget! Here are 13 of my favorite budget-friendly baking essentials.
This post contains affiliate links. This means, if you click a link and make a purchase, I may receive a small commission at NO extra cost to you. I only recommend products that I love and use. I appreciate any and all support! Thank you! <3
I recently came across other blogger’s posts about their favorite baking essentials. Each list included insanely expensive items! A $300 mixer?!! I can’t even afford a mixer! I mix everything by hand.
It’s also important to me that products have other purposes. If I can use items for multiple recipes, projects, everyday life, etc., I’m more apt to buy them.
I decided to make a Budget-Friendly Baking Essentials list for people like me! People who love to bake, but don't want or cannot spend a fortune. It's a realistic and practical list. I hope it helps!
13 Budget-Friendly Baking Essentials
Here are my FAVORITE budget-friendly baking essentials. Every item on this list, except for one, is under $30. Every item is useful, high-quality, and easy to use. I highly recommend them all!
1. Mixing Bowls - These Stainless Steel Mixing Bowls with Airtight Lids by REGILLER are AWESOME. They include different sizes and different color lids, which make them perfect for storing food as well as mixing batter. I love multi-purpose items. Each bowl has measurement lines inside. AND has a non-slip silicone bottom, so your bowl won't fly away while mixing.... It happens...
2. Spatulas - I used to only use regular Tablespoons to mix and gather. Then, I tried a spatula. It makes things so much easier! No more wasted batter! I like this High Heat-Resistant Premium Silicone Spatula Set. It's BPA-Free, Nonstick, AND includes four different shapes for various gathering needs.
3. & 4. Baking Sheets & Cooling Racks - This TeamFar Baking Sheet with Rack Set includes 3 Cookie Sheet Baking Pans AND 3 Cooling Racks. All are made of high quality stainless steel (no aluminum). They’re healthy and durable for everyday use. You can cook with the cooling racks ON the baking sheets. This allows any grease to flow down and away from the food for a less greasy dish. It works GREAT with bacon! The sheets and racks are different sizes. The smallest can easily fit in a toaster oven.
Baking can be easy, fun, and affordable!
5. Loaf Pan — I personally love the Boxiki Kitchen Loaf Pan. It's durable, the perfect size, and easy-to-clean. The silicone handles make is easy to handle as well. It is also nonstick. The bread just slides out.
6. Parchment Paper - Parchment paper makes baking so much easier, especially cookie cutting. I LOVE Reynolds Kitchens Pop-Up Parchment Paper Sheets. They are pre-cut, which is perfect if you're a messy baker like me. I don't have to wrestle to rip the correct size of parchment paper from the roll with my batter, egg, or dye covered hands. These sheets allow me to just grab one that is already the PERFECT size. You can also save over $2 by buying them on Amazon!
7. & 8. Measuring Cups & Spoons — I prefer different color cups and spoons, so I can quickly identify which one I need (after awhile, you naturally memorize which amount is which color). This 12 Piece Measuring Cups and Spoons Set by U-Taste is rust-resistant, sturdy, and dishwasher-safe. It includes 12 different sizes, including 2/3 cup and 3/4 cup.
More Budget-Friendly Baking Essentials
9. Oven mitts - Oven Mitts are a baking must. These Fred and Friends Oven Mitts are super cute, fun, and functional. Kids will LOVE the bear paw design. They also protect the hands AND wrists. I prefer mitts with heat resistant silicone (like these). It makes handling hot items SO much easier.
10. Rolling Pin — I WANT this Fox Run Polished Marble Rolling Pin. It's made of 100% marble. I imagine nothing sticks to it! But, because this is a list of budget items, I will recommend this JamHoo Non-stick Rolling Pin because it's half the price. A little flour is definitely needed to roll out dough, but it sticks less than a wooden rolling pin.
11. Cookie Cutters — I have quite the collection of cookie cutters… I use them for cookies AND crafts, especially around Christmas. They’re great to make salt-dough ornaments with (DIY Guide coming soon!). I prefer plastic ones because they don’t rust. I have lost lots of cookie cutters because of rust. This Wilton Cookie Cutters Set includes 101 cookie cutters! Lots of shapes for each holiday, even the Super Bowl (that counts as a holiday in some places!). It also includes the full alphabet. They’re easy to clean and dishwasher safe.
12. & 13. Cupcake Caddy with Cupcake Pan - I am OBSESSED with my Main Stay 24 Cupcake Carrier. I’ve had it for years. It makes transporting cupcakes extremely easy. They don’t shift, flip, or mush together. I also use it to store my cupcakes. It keeps them fresh for awhile! The bottom shelf of the caddy is a nonstick cupcake pan! I use mine to bake all the time. Gotta love multi-purpose items! *This item is currently unavailable on Amazon. Buddeez Cake and Cupcake Carrier is pretty great too. You can snap multiple carriers together. It doesn't include a nonstick cupcake baking pan, BUT it does include cut-and-serve utensil.
What are your baking must-haves? I'd love to know!
Please follow Love Mischka on Pinterest HERE. Thank you for your support!!! <3