Learn how to make soft, delicious, homemade Chocolate Chip Cookies with this INCREDIBLY easy recipe. It includes cinnamon and nutmeg for an extra cozy feel. My family loves them! Yours will too!
This post may contain affiliate links. This means, if you click a link and make a purchase, I may receive a small commission at NO extra cost to you. Thanks!<3
What's better than warm, soft, homemade chocolate chip cookies? Most people love the feel-good, familiar feel and taste of this childhood classic.
But, with a little twist, homemade chocolate chip cookies can be EVEN better. I decided to update old favorite while maintaining that cozy, nostalgic feel.
How to Make EASY, Homemade Chocolate Chip Cookies
This recipe only uses brown sugar, instead of brown AND granulated sugar. I love the texture that brown sugar lends to recipes. It creates a moist, soft, chewy, perfectly sweet cookie.
The recipe also includes cinnamon and nutmeg. The spices add interesting, unique flavor to the original chocolate chip cookie taste.
They also create a more cozy taste and feel for me. Like, I want to curl up and eat these under a blanket after a hard day.
Super Easy Chocolate Chip Cookies
Not only are these cookies unique and delicious, they are VERY easy to make. The recipe is simple and quick!
For a limited time, this 40-page Printable Planner Bundle (to help organize every area of your life) is available at a special discount price.
You can whip them up last minute for a party, a snack for the kids, dessert, or just because you're craving sweets.
The recipe is so simple that it's GREAT to do with kids. They'll have a blast making these cookies with you.
Warning - At family gathering, these Chocolate Chip Cookies ALWAYS go quick. My family loves them. My partner's family loves them. The cookies are usually gone in a day!
*makes about a dozen cookies
1 1/4 cup flour
3/4 cup brown sugar
1 tsp cinnamon
1/2 tsp nutmeg
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/2 cup melted butter
1/2 tsp vanilla extract
3/4 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Preheat your oven to 375 degrees F.
- In a mixing bowl, cream the melted butter and sugar together. I mix everything by hand, but using a mixer is definitely easier. This KitchenAid Stand Mixer is great and marked waaay down ($70 off!).
- Add the eggs and vanilla extract. Beat well.
- Mix in the flour, baking soda, nutmeg, and cinnamon. Stir!
- Fold in the chocolate chips.
- Drop teaspoon-sized balls of dough on a cookie sheet.
- Bake for 9-12 minutes or until the edges are lightly browned.
- Let cool on cooling racks. This Stainless Steel Baking Rack & Cooling Rack is heavy duty and safe to use in the dishwasher and oven. You can cool baked goods on it without worrying it'll tip over and you can cook meats on it for crispy perfection (It's really great for making crispy bacon!).
I hope you LOVE this recipe. If you're interested in more simple, delicious cookie recipes, please check out some of my other posts - Orange Chocolate Chip Cookies, Cherry Chocolate Chip Cookies, Peppermint Chocolate Chip Cookies, and Matcha Green Tea Cookies with White Chocolate.
Please remember to follow Love Mischka on Pinterest HERE or pin one of the images below. Sharing is caring! Thanks!
Leave a Reply